Peaches & Bacon Salad
& 16 Health Benefits of Peaches!
Great summer salad with a ridiculous amount of nutrition (read article below!) and perfect for the summer! Not to mention it’s tastes Gorgeous!
Mixed greens with Arugula
Bacon -cut (not crunchy)
Balsamic Glaze ( reduce for 15 minutes, add a teaspoon of honey and pinch of salt)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper.
16 Health Benefits of Peaches
By: Diana Herrington
Peaches have been grown for centuries. They were first cultivated in China where they are considered a symbol of immortality and friendship.
I consider them a key powerfood along with staples like apples and pears. I just wish they were available longer!
16 Ways Peaches Fortify Your Health
1. Peaches are the perfect snack food for losing weight. A peach makes you feel full and keeps you from overeating. The bonus: one peach only contains about 35-50 calories and no fat!
2. Fight obesity-related diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Peaches are rich in phytochemicals called phenols that act as antioxidants.
3. Keep the skin healthy. Vitamin A and C make peaches a great natural moisturizer; they’re often used in cosmetics. These vitamins can help regenerate skin tissue.
4. Reduce hair loss with its positive effect on the scalp.
5. A healthy stress-reliever that helps reduce anxiety. Peaches are often referred to as the ‘Fruit of Calmness’ in Hungary.
6. Helps prevent cancer with selenium — a mineral with antioxidant properties that may help protect cells from damage.
7. Peaches can help remove worms from the intestines.
8. Have a diuretic effect which helps cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
9. Peaches can calm an upset stomach.
10. Compounds in stone fruits could help with “metabolic syndrome,” according to Dr. Luis Cisneros-Zevallos, AgriLife Research food scientist involved in a study at the American Chemical Society in Philadelphia. Cisneros-Zevallos says, “Our work indicates that phenolic compounds present in these fruits have anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic properties in different cell lines and may also reduce the oxidation of bad LDL cholesterol which is associated with cardiovascular disease.”
11. Those suffering from gout and rheumatism are recommended by dieticians to eat peaches because peaches tend to have a diuretic and a light laxative effect.
12. Peaches are thought to be an aphrodisiac.
13. Peach flowers have sedative properties . A remedy for restlessness includes boiling peach flowers in water along with some honey.
14. Inhibit tumour growth activity. Peaches have excellent antimicrobial and antioxidant activity according to research.
15. Chronic bronchitis, coughs and gastritis are relieved with the medicinal tea of the leaves and bark of peach trees.
16. Peach tea is used as a kidney cleanser in China.
Paired perfectly with a Cheese Souffle
#TimeCrunch #DIY #SummerSalad #Salad #Peach #Bacon #Balsamic #ChefCaylena #PowerFood