Vanilla Bourbon & Coconut
This is a super easy dish to prepare! It’s super affordable! This a lovely spin on a classic custard that always is a stand out because of it’s simplicity and sophistication… great for a dessert and yet the kids will devour it (not to mention can make themselves.) And most importantly it’s delicious and light enough for the current summer heat wave!
A Must Try!
This will take 15 minutes of prep, 35 minutes in a low temp oven of 325F, and rests for at least 2 hours. Eaten chilled.
You will need 6 ramekins -or- coffee cups that are oven safe.
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk - or 2% Milk
- 1 ½ cup Coconut Milk - Cream of Coconut
- 3 whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Yolks only
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Powder Sugar (Confectioners)
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Ground nutmeg for top
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Boil a pot of water, let steam out while you prepare. You want it hot not boiling when use.
- In sauce pan - bring milks to a simmer over med-high heat. (take off heat if it starts to boil or foam up.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, bourbon vanilla, then the sugar, altogether.
- Temper your eggs:
Take a measuring spoon or ladle and slowly pour hot milk into eggs while stirring. This is to raise the temperature slowly enough so they won't break nor scramble.
- Pour eggs into milk pot, whisk.
- Pour in Powdered Sugar slowly while whisking until smooth and lump free.
- Place ramekins in a deep enough baking dish.
- Use a measuring cup and fill cups, leaving a little room so they won't spill in movement.
- Carefully pour hot water around cups (do not get in custard) until around half the ramekin.
- Sprinkle top with Nutmeg
- Now ever so carefully not to Move the ramekins or spill .. anything, place in middle of oven for 30-35 minutes - if you’re using an electric oven you may need to let them cook another 5-10 minutes.
- They should be loose but still jiggle as if they hold together, you can touch the top and feel it slightly firm.
Now that’s it! Simple and easy! Just let sit at room temperature in the water bath for at least ½ hour - hour. Then take individually and place in refrigerator for 1 hour (up to 3 days.)
Serve as is! Enjoy!
You can serve with berries or anything you’d like, but it’s really creamy and nice just as.
#SummerDessert #BeatTheHeat #SummerEats #EggSlut #CheapEats #ChicEats #EasyCooking #EasyDessert #Pudding #TraderJoes #CuisinArt #EggCustard #SummerBaking #FathersDay #Coconut #KidFriendly #KidsCook