Quick & Easy
“I’ll be home in 20 minutes… and I’m starving.” There are so many reasons people want and need faster meals; we never seem to have enough time, and want wholesome and home cooked meals, that taste like we’ve spent hours. We want healthy and easy...
I'll start doing a Time Crunch addition for leftovers or the quickies with ingredients everyone can make on the fly as a beautiful meal. Healthy and fulfilling so you're not running off to the local deep fried joint. Easy to follow and a quick read with pictures so it doesn't take you longer to figure the recipe out than to make it!
Easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Shrimp -3 per Fajita
- Old Bay Seasoning - to cover shrimp
- Mixed Bell Peppers - sliced lengthwise
- 1 Jalapeno, - diced or sliced
- Onions and Scallions - Whatever's in the fridge
- Small flour Tortillas
- Mix Greens or Lettuce
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Garnish : the skies the limit
- Lime, cilantro, etc.
- Hot sauce, sour cream, Guacamole
- Slice up the bells, onions toss over 2 tbsp Olive Oil, Med-High heat. Toss in Salt & Pepper.
2) Toss the Shrimp in a bowl and coat with Old Bay seasoning.
3) In another Skillet coat with rest olive oil, toss shrimp in over Med-High.
Cooking and tossing for 5- 6 minutes, until cooked thru.
4) Pull Veg off and train on paper towel if need. They should take no longer than shrimp- until Al Dente.
5) Fastest way to heat the tortillas is on the stove top, just flip and stick with them should be done in seconds.
That’s it! Now let’s assemble…
Voila. Now You can serve with any condiments you have available, but with the flavors of the mixed peppers and Old Bay on the shrimp… These are pretty awesome as is!
That’s what I call a 20 minute meal! And it’s about a 5 minute Clean up! Not bad!
Not to mention you can feel great about eating this healthy full of antioxidants, vitamins, high in protein, low in calories.